DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT – TRAIN THE TRAINER PROGRAMME
Module 3 – Inclusive Communication
FACE TO FACE LEARNING
The following topics are covered in this lesson:
- Key Terms for Inclusive Communication
- Impact of Language and Tone in the Workplace
- Micro-aggressions and Micro-affirmations
- Intra-personal Communication and Non-verbal Communication
- Active Listening
What You Will Learn Today?
This lesson will help you to define key terms related to inclusive communication, understand the impact of language and tone in the workplace, recognise micro-aggressions and how to avoid them, identify means of intra-personal communication that can help to build an inclusive workplace culture, and understand the importance of non-verbal communication to promote inclusive communication.
Learning Outcomes of the Module
- Define key terms related to inclusive communication such as cultural competence, active listening, and empathy.
- Understand the impact of language and tone in the workplace and how this can influence workplace relationships and culture.
- Recognise micro-aggressions and how to avoid them in a workplace environment.
- Understanding of micro-affirmations and how to manage them.
- Identify means of intra-personal communication that can help to build an inclusive workplace culture.
- Understand the importance of non-verbal communication including body language, facial expressions, to promote inclusive communication.
- Build awareness of the importance of inclusive communication in the workplace and how to adapt communication to meet the needs of others.